One of my colleagues brought me this delicious banana bread that was super fluffy – and as much as I hate to admit it, her banana bread is better than mine! So, I asked – nay, begged her for the recipe. And after tinkering with it a little bit, I think I have perfected the banana bread recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ kosher salt or fine salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9″ x 5″ x 3″ load pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, except for sugar. Whisk the eggs, sugar, bananas, and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and add in vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Pour the batter in to the prepared load bake. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack; let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely.
Banana bread can be made 3 days in advance. Store airtight at room temperature. You can also add blueberries, chocolate chips, walnuts! You can also enjoy with a side of ice cream 🙂